Vatra Dornei Operation Snow Angel is a pilot Excess Winter Death preventative programme in Cheshire West and Chester. We were approached by the lead partners of the pilot to develop a recording and reporting system for Operation Snow Angel.
http://simplecommunion.com/ By leveraging the existing technology of Caseworker Connect, we developed SnowAngelsOnline – a web-based system that enables organisations to:
- Record information about vulnerable people in the community and log schedules for when they should be contacted
- Record information about volunteers willing to support people in need of help
- Calculate call schedules and record the outcome of calls
- Create jobs in response to a request for a visit from a vulnerable person (e.g. path clearing, shopping, radiator bleeding, etc)
- Match volunteers to jobs based on location and distance from the vulnerable person (the software can plot the location of people and volunteers on a map and calculate travel time and distances)
- Send broadcast emails and sms messages to volunteers
- Monitor volunteer caseloads (e.g. number of visits, date of most recent visit)
- Automatically change call schedules in response to a cold snap
- Identify overdue calls and visits.
- Generate various management information
Local resilience is another demonstration of the flexibility and power of the Caseworker Connect platform to meet the recording and reporting needs of as specific project. To find out what Caseworker could do for you, please get in touch.